Everything You Need to Know to set up your tablet
STEPS - Get Started
- Get the “Dropbox “app on your tablet (free).
- Get the “@Songbook Chordpro” (by Linksoft) app for your tablet.
- Access the SOUP Songbook files by clicking on the dropbox link on the website.
- The songs should automatically be sent from your tablet’s Dropbox to your @Songbook files in .pro form. If they don’t go into the @Songbook app automatically, go to your “settings” in @Songbook, and scroll down to “Link Dropbox” and follow the steps as prompted to help @Songbook link with Dropbox. Make sure it’s also switched on to “sync automatically”.
- The songs are all in .pro files and they all have the number and title of the song only in the title line (no word “screen” anywhere). If some songs seem missing or they’re in the wrong order, find out how to sort them by name (this will be different for ipad and android users).
- If the songs are still not loading, check to make sure that the file in Dropbox is called “songbook” (not “songbook1” or anything else). You may have to rename it (click on the three dots next to the file name, and choose the “rename” option.
- Some songs may look slightly different (improved usually) than the paper version. That’s ok. Don’t worry if it looks a bit different. They should all “play” exactly the same. Maybe keep your paper version at home for reference if you’re confused.
- You will not get notices about changes, because we want everyone “synced up”. If you notice a problem, or your screen looks different from someone else’s, let us know.
Some Things That May Look Different from the hardcover songbook:
- F#dim may be a two finger-chord rather than 4 on some songs. Easier. Whoo Hoo!
- The physical set-up of the song might be different; fewer words on a line. Easier to read! Whoo Hoo!
- Diagrams for ALL chords are on the page. Whoo Hoo!
- You never have to move your eyes around a page. Just scroll the song by touching the arrow at the bottom left of the screen. You can hit the arrow at the start of the count-in.
- You should have 4 playlists; one for each of our 4 song lists that we rotate from. Also, a playlist for a gig may appear temporarily for those strumming in public with us.
- To create your own playlists: (this is for ipad, android may be different) From your main page, at the bottom, there’s a “playlists” icon. Touch it. Touch the “+” at the top right and it will ask you to name your new playlist. Then, from the home page list of “all songs”, touch each song and while in that song, touch the icon at the very bottom right that has three horizontal bars. Then touch “add to playlist”, and the rest is simple.
- Once in a playlist, they may be in the wrong order. Touch the icon with the three yellow bars at the top right corner of the playlist, and then touch “sort songs”, then “by title”. J
- Make sure you designate the “instrument” at the top of the settings page once in songbook. Ukulele C is what you want.
- You can also switch on “show chords on side” to see the chords.
- If your comments are showing up too dark, or you want to change something else about how it looks, do this in “settings”… “comments”. The “colour” is the colour of the words, and “background” is the shaded background that you can make any colour you like.
- Use your screen vertically, rather than horizontally, although a few songs need a horizontal orientation (This Little Light of Mine, and California Dreamin’)
- Small tablets won’t work as well.
- Try to adjust the size of the words so that they’re not too big or too small. The more words you see on a page, the better the scrolling will work.
- Start with the intro in the center of the page, and tough the arrow (bottom left for most tablets) to scroll the song.
- Look for Lynda at a jam if you have problems.