Everything You Need to Know to set up your tablet AND fix syncing issues
Some Things That May Look Different from the hardcover songbook:
- F#dim may be a two finger-chord rather than 4 on some songs. Easier. Whoo Hoo!
- The physical set-up of the song might be different; fewer words on a line. Easier to read! Whoo Hoo!
- Diagrams for ALL chords are on the page. Whoo Hoo!
- You never have to move your eyes around a page. Just scroll the song by touching the arrow at the bottom left of the screen. You can hit the arrow at the start of the count-in.
- Once in a playlist, songs may be in the wrong order. Touch the icon with the three yellow bars at the top right corner of the playlist, and then touch “sort songs”, then “by title”.
- Make sure you designate the “instrument” at the top of the settings page once in songbook. Ukulele C is what you want.
- You can also switch on “show chords on side” to see the chords.
- If your comments are showing up too dark, or you want to change something else about how it looks, do this in “settings”… “comments”. The “colour” is the colour of the words, and “background” is the shaded background that you can make any colour you like.
- Use your screen vertically, rather than horizontally, although a few songs need a horizontal orientation (This Little Light of Mine, and California Dreamin’).
- Small tablets won’t work as well.
- Try to adjust the size of the words so that they’re not too big or too small. The more words you see on a page, the better the scrolling will work.
- Start with the intro in the center of the page, and touch the arrow (bottom left for most tablets) to scroll the song.
- Look for Lynda or Brenda at a jam if you have problems.
- Have fun!